Hey guys! Been gone the last few days, thanks to the wonderful holiday season, and I hope you guys had a great Christmas, or Hannukah, or Festivus, or Kwanzaa, or whatever it is you celebrate. I know I had a good one, though busy and exhausting, but it was good, nonetheless.
So, today I am gonna repost a quizzy/survey-type thing that I read on another blog that I follow (www.anonyvox.com, if you must know!). I thought it might be a good way for me to look back on the year and a way for some of you guys to get to know me a little better! So here we go!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I started this blog! I had never really read blogs and definitely hadn’t written one before this, so that is one thing I had never done. Not to mention the whole buying my own domain and setting up a website thing. I never would have thought that would have happened!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Uh, well, in general, my New Year’s Resolutions are usually to lose weight and junk, so yeah, I lost a little, gained a little, whatever. I probably will make more for this year, and it’ll probably be the same one (to lose weight), but I’m gonna hope that this year, I actually stick with it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Ashley had a daughter, Amiya. Other than that, no one that was really to me did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Luckily, I have never lost a loved one that I can actually remember or was close to, so this year, I was lucky again. Hopefully, next year will remain death-free also!
5. What countries did you visit?
Countries?! Seriously? Uh, the United States of Bankrupt. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More self-control, over my attitude, my budget, myself. And money, definitely more money!
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably just November 26th. It was the date of my first real car accident, and although I wasn’t seriously injured, I will probably never forget it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’m gonna say that it was gaining self-confidence. I think that doing this blog has really helped me come out a little, to become more comfortable with myself. I mean, I’ve put a lot of personal thoughts and feelings out there for you guys, and it has dramatically increased my confidence.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, I would like to think that I didn’t really fail at anything this year, that I just didn’t do it perfectly and that I’ve given myself a chance to do it again this year, better.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious. I had a cystoscopy, which felt serious, and the car accident, which also felt serious, but really, neither of them really was.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My web domain, www.fatassinaskinnyworld.com!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wife. She has really become more comfortable with herself as well this year, has become a leader at work, and I am so proud of her. I couldn’t ask for a better woman to spend my life with!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled and depressed? Uh, I don’t really know. I’ve been slightly depressed with the state of our nation, and the recent spate of shootings has been pretty appalling, so I guess that is my answer.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The majority of the money that did not pay bills went the Real Hacienda Mexican restaurant in Owensboro, KY. I could literally live on their fajitas jalisco and queso.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Hmmm…well, I got really excited about buying a new car this summer. Got excited about starting this blog. Got excited about getting a couple of raises at work. Overall, it’s been a pretty good year for me.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Hmmm…I will probably always think of this year whenever I hear “We Are Young” by fun., as well as “Somebody That I Used To Know” by Gotye.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter, and (c) richer or poorer?
Well, I don’t think I’m sadder. A little more stressed about things, but not sadder. I am definitely fatter. I went on a diet last year right before Christmas and lost a bunch of weight, and as I’ve gained most of it back (which usually happens), yeah, fatter. No doubt. And probably poorer, or at least deeper in debt.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I could have traveled more this year. Normally, my wife and I take a trip for our anniversary in the 3rd week of October, but due to my cystoscopy this year, we didn’t get to do it and our vacation was pretty much shot. An actual vacation would have been nice.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t really know. Spend money? I wish we had been able to save more and spend less, but you know, it is what it is.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I will spend one day with my family, one day with my wife’s extended family, and one day with my wife’s close family. It’s a busy time, lots of travelling, but it’s nice to see everyone.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm…well, I discovered “Big Bang Theory” this year and it was definitely my favorite, but I have also enjoyed watching “Glee” and “Mike and Molly”.
22. What was the best book you read?
Gosh, I don’t even know…I read A LOT during a year…I couldn’t even name half of the books I’ve read. If I had to think of one I’ve read that I really enjoyed, it would have to be the Hunger Games series. I really enjoyed reading these and thought the movie was pretty good too.
23. What was your favorite music from this year?
As mentioned above, I really like fun. and Gotye. I am really glad that I discovered them this year.
24. What did you want and get?
The biggest thing? I wanted a new car, and I got one. Well, actually I got two. So yeah.
25. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to win one of the giant lotteries, and I didn’t even get a buck. L
26. What was your favorite film this year?
Holy crap, that’s a hard one to answer. There are so many movies I watched this year, and so many I liked. The one I can think of right off…Pitch Perfect. It’s not the best movie out there, but man, I love me some Rebel Wilson, and she was awesome in this movie. There were probably some I liked better or at least the same, but I can’t think of them right now.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Well, firstly, I was 28. I didn’t really do much. My mom and brother came into town to visit, but other than that, it was probably a pretty regular day.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Ummm…well, it would have been nice to not have had so much stress, but most of the stressful situations this year have been learning situations, so I guess in the end, I’ll come out better.
29. How would you describe your personal style concept in 2012?
What? I’m not sure what this means. Is it clothing style? If so, it was pretty much the same as always. I like to be comfy, so my clothes reflect that.
30. What kept you sane?
Coming home and chilling with my wife after work, maybe going to get dinner, watching tv/movies, crafting, blogging.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Spongebob Squarepants…I definitely fancied him the most 😉
32. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Well, this was a voting year, so voting, I guess. I’m also pretty sure that our economy is about to go down the drain, so that’s pretty stirring too.
33. Who did you miss?
I missed my family and wish I could have seen them more, but as we live 3 hours away, getting to see them as much as I can makes me happy.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a guy named Brandon this year who has quickly become one of my best friends. I’m really glad for that.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Be comfortable with who you are now, even if you want to change. If people won’t accept you for who you are, you don’t need them.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’m sexy and I know it!” –LMFAO